Saturday, February 12, 2011

early winter / rant about highschool

It feels like an early winter for Melbourne, and so the song 'Early Winter' by Gwen Stefani keeps replaying its chorus in my head. I feel a cold awaits me as I sip my Dilmah extra strength tea w/ two sugars, I am quite the neurotic about that, with my coffee too, three sugars and one teaspoon of coffee. Mmmm deelish.

I thought I'd fill my break from study time with a post on this, because it's fun and nobody worth talking to is online right now. A bit sad that I don't really have anything substantial to put on this, nothing at the moment vexes me enough to rant on about it on this.Nothing that is other than to complain about how my school is so intent upon preserving an image of neat and meticulously generic uniform. They want us to look like robots, in the hope of creating a good reputation around the community that includes: Hoppers Crossing, Werribee, Tarneit, Point Cook etc.

But I think, what worth is a 'good uniform' when the students cannot do the subjects they want to do, the subjects that collaborate with the career paths they wish to pursue. It seems here that there are endless excuses as to why things cannot be, why students can't do these subjects, throwing responses like: "We can't change it," "it's not our fault," "you'll have to choose between these subjects, meaning you must drop either and pick up" and vice versa. What bullshit. Not that I was confronted with this issue personally, but for the unfortunate others. Quite frankly it isn't fair, especially in their final year of schooling which they preach and preach "Determines the rest of your lives". A contradiction? Definitely. It isn't even ironic, just ignorant and stupid.

*Sigh. I've had enough critiquing.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment