'The Holiday' was on TV last night. Ironic title I think, for there were flash floods that night. Funny day yesterday. One moment I was with my family at Coles grabbing our groceries when next, an ominous puddle of water consistently grew and grew before us, in a matter of minutes, sirens were sounding and we were rushing to the counter to pay for everything. We watched herds of people heading for the exits, the shopping center was under mass evacuation! I think the mayhem excited me a little, because it was bizarre and a contrast to my norm. When we finally got out of the shops and into the car we then had to face the congested traffic, all the cars waiting to get out, and the idiots trying to get in. It was exciting! There were so many roads literally filled with water, I felt as our car dashed through that we were in some kind of adventure movie, or some FWD commercial.
We were lucky though, the effects in our area were minimal. It continued to rain all night but nothing too threatening, just lightning, thunder, you know..
It would have been nice to be able to sit and escape in something like this.

(A couple screen shots from 'The Holiday')

No comments:
Post a Comment